Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jess4shore

Frustrated with connection issue unavailable customer service

This is the second day in a row I've struggled with connection issues, where, my Roku will not connect even though it says there's an "EXCELLENT" internet connection while at the same time also saying "Not connected." I REALLY WISH there was and ACTUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE LINE where you could talk to a human being to help figure out what is going on. I have searched around on here for close to 2 hours yesterday, and am finding myself doing the same again today. The roku did eventually connect for a short time yesterday, but again today I find myself in the same place I was yesterday-unable to connect.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Frustrated with connection issue unavailable customer service

@Jess4shore 

Could not tell from your other postings your exact issue.  Provide some details like Roku (or RokuTV) model number, your router model number, and your ISP (internet service provider).

Also, are you able to connect to a mobile hotspot if available to you? (This will help determine if device issue or possible network setting issue.)

Are you seeing any error messages (with numbers, ie. 14.03 or similar)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
BillMlod55
Channel Surfer

Your ISP wouldn't happen to be Spectrum would it? I am having the same issues. Spectrum blames Roku and Roku blames Spectrum.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Jess4shore-

Your issue sounds to me like this one:

Your problem may have been caused by an update to your router which affects some Roku models. If you receive this update it changes the router's wifi connection parameters for the 2.4 GHz wifi band from b/g/n to g/n. This has been reported for routers supplied by Comcast/xFinity, Cox, and AT&T, but there may be others.

Affected users report the Roku identifies the local network as available and rates the connection quality, but will not then connect. The fix is to switch the router configuration protocols from the g/n wifi set by the update back to b/g/n. I

Thanks to forum user @AvsGunnar for providing the links below to instructions for reconfiguring router settings for the listed internet suppliers. If you can't do this yourself, you may need to contact your internet provider to make these changes for you:

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos