Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
czhong

Factory reset TV prevent?

Is there a way to prevent someone from factory resetting TV? When someone goes to "factory reset everything" they give you a pin but is there a way to prevent that to work? I have a pin such as to prevent adding channels but looks like it's easy to factory reset. I have a kid who keeps wanting to use a different email address for the Roku so trying to keep it on mine. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Factory reset TV prevent?

A good slap to the back of my head used to keep me from changing the settings on my parent's televisions without permission.

-----

Unfortunately, there are two ways to Factory Reset a Roku device/RokuTV.

1. Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset

2. Physical reset button on the Roku device/RokuTV (press and hold 30+ seconds).

------

If you wish to allow the "kid" access to their own Roku account (email address), you can purchase another Roku device and just plug it into another HDMI port on the TV.  Then they can just switch to that HDMI port and use "their" Roku device without having to factory reset your Roku device/RokuTV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos