Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
di-OR
Binge Watcher

Re: Express set-up - rejection of known valid WIFI password

We have 3 Roku Ultras. I used the same wifi password on the Linksys router and we have a Linksys extender. I have tried multiple times to reconnect one that got disconnected from internet, all error code wrong password. I did the factory reset. Did not work. Roku techs are telling me to call Linksys and CHANGE the wifi password! I'm burned out. I'm 74 and just want to reconnect my brother's roku!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@di-OR

Thanks for the post.

Have you verified that you are using the correct password to connect to your wireless network?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting this Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to connect?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
di-OR
Binge Watcher

Yes I have verified that my passwords are correct, it's the same wifi password for my wireless network I used to connect in the first place that are on the bottom of my Linksys router and I double check when entering. Don't know what an alternate network is, I've tried every password I have, even the Linksys extender admin password, nothing has worked. I get the incorrect error code every time. I do not know what a mobile hot spot is.  The only mobile device I have is my phone. No solutions yet.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@di-OR

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
di-OR
Binge Watcher

Yes Danny and thank you!  the Roku in my brothers room is serial # 04608A798002  model number 4662X. Can't spend much time on this today, work day, thank you! Hope this leads to an answer, I would be delighted!  Let me know if you need anything else.

0 Kudos
di-OR
Binge Watcher

This is the serial number on the bottom of the Roku I just posted.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@di-OR

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
di-OR
Binge Watcher

Well good, had 3 Rokus running smoothly no problems, now I have one main in my living room that is refusing to load anything on my streaming free, I try to play it, it freezes the blank screen! And others won't play either, same thing! Tried playing football for my husband, no dice, wow. Tired out today about it, will try to work on it next week, it's taken so much of our time.  Thank you for getting back to us.

0 Kudos
di-OR
Binge Watcher

I solved my connection problem by purchasing a new Ultra at Best Bey, it has a rechargeable remote and was easy to connect except for one glitch, the remote was inoperable and had to turn it back in and get a whole new Roku Ultra. It connected beautifully with the SAME WIFI Password I've used on all of them!  So my point is I have a lemon Roku Ultra that will not accept my valid wifi so is inoperable, so what will you do about that? Do you stand behind your product.  Best Buy gives a 2 week window to return, but of course thats not long enough to detect a glitch in reconnecting is it?  What recourse do I have?  This is taking entirely way to much time and energy. We are running a home business also and care taking my brother who has dementia. We just want our 3 Rokus to work please! We now have 2 operable.  At some time I will try set up the 3rd one in our master bedroom again.

0 Kudos