Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Express 4k+ not discovered by Alexa Roku skill

I added the skill with the Alexa app, logged in to my Roku account to link it, the discovery took a while, then 3 Ultras were discovered.

When you log in to your Roku account, all 3 Rokus are there, right. IOW, didn't log in to the wrong account.

Your phone discovered the Rokus on the network, so are your Echo devices on the same SSID as your phone, because I'm assuming the Echos are doing the discovery here?

I'm gonna have to undo this now, unless I see something useful in the skill this time.

0 Kudos
KenSRQ
Binge Watcher

@Anonymous I've discovered something peculiar. All three Roku devices were activated last month, and I've been watching TV on all of them. However, if I log onto my Roku account from my computer, I'm told that "You currently have no linked devices."

1. I suppose this may have some bearing on why Alexa doesn't discover my Rokus?

2. How do I fix this? (I have only one Roku account...)

Thanks.

Ken

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

"When you log in to your Roku account, all 3 Rokus are there, right. IOW, didn't log in to the wrong account."

Go to settings/system/about and it will show you the account email address. If that's not what you log in with, you are in the wrong account. My 3 are shown in my account with an option to remove them. Let me go take a look at how they were added in the first place. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

A welcome screen will appear after you switch your TV input to where your streaming device is connected. During setup, you will choose a language, connect to the internet, download the latest updates, configure display settings, and finally activate your Roku streaming device. You must create or use an existing Roku account and then activate and link your device using an activation link sent to your email or accessed with a QR code.

That's a cut & paste.

0 Kudos