Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DelTaco54

Excellent wifi strength but roku has no internet?

I just tried this and it didn’t work for my TV

8 REPLIES 8
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku has no internet?

Thanks for your post, @DelTaco54.

May we know the troubleshooting steps you took to fix this concern? Also, we have verified several Roku devices you own, does this issue occur to all? Lastly, how far are your devices from the router?

Please keep us updated so we can assist you further.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

The same thing here. Only happens on the Onn Roku TV. My Roku device works fine. I've read 500 comments that have the same problem. I don't want to have to buy a new TV. 

di-OR
Binge Watcher

So this issue of not connecting to our internet is only on my brothers room.  We have replaced it 4 times now after purchasing the insurance.  Our main roku is in our living room about 35' from the wifi, we have a translator to go down the hallway to my brothers bedroom, which is another 15 ft.  It will work fine until like this time we shut off everything because we had a furnace installed, so the electricity had to go off, so all our rokus's had to be reinstalled, but my brothers would not, again after many repeated tries.  So there are issues that may disconnect, mine always does, but my bothers does not.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @RockytopJess,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue connecting your Onn Roku TV to your wireless network. We're pleased to assist. 

• Please reboot your wireless network
  • Have you tried changing your wireless network channel?
  • Try an alternative wireless network hotspot.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
di-OR
Binge Watcher

Well when I go to connect the Roku in my brothers room after being disconnected, the program scans for connections and selects the strongest one, which I select and continue, but it still will not connect.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @di-OR,

Thanks for the post!

Let's see if resetting your network helps. Try performing a network connection reset by following the guided steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks1

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

my roku plus streaming stick keeps loosing connection even though all other devices are connected and im getting poor signal notifications even though the thing is sitting right next to the router

my mothers roku looses connection and her youtube tv constantly wants location verification when all her other devices are business as usual

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @andreasoles69,

Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with this issue. We're more than happy to assist.

Have you already tried the possible fixes provided by other moderators above this thread, most especially trying an alternative network such as a mobile hotspot to check for a difference? Also, does this issue occur all across the Roku devices you have?

Please keep us updated so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos