Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yaneth1316

Re: Error code 014.30

Buenas tardes mi Roku express  pongo netflix o YouTube  y   A los dos minutos me sale que no tengo red y tengo que  reiniciar el dispositivo 

0 Kudos
OnMy1stXLT
Reel Rookie

Re: Error code 014.30

This is crazy. I have 4 Premier devices. 2 have no network issues. The other 2 mysteriously disconnect daily. They're on the same network. Both are no more than 20' away from the access point. My house had no interior concrete or brick walls, all wood. When they do connect the signal says excellent. One TV at the location connects to the WiFi just fine. Why can't these 2 Premier devices??? 

Teesdale242
Reel Rookie

Express will not connect to wifi but Premier works fine. Error code 014.30

I have 2 Rokus.  The older one (Premier) works fine, the newer one the Express, stopped connecting to wifi.  This is the error code I get and I have rebooted both the router and the Roku.  The older Roku continues to connect to the wifi when the wifi is rebooted, and we watch tv and movies, but the Express won't connect. 

I unplugged the Premier and switched it out with the Express and the Express still won't connect to wifi.  

#014.30 #Error #errorCode014.30 #willnotconnecttowifi

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Express will not connect to wifi but Premier works fine. Error code 014.30

Hi @Teesdale242,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

It sounds like your Roku device may be having trouble connecting to your home network. Please follow the steps here to get up and streaming. Connecting your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet | Official Roku Support 

In addition, Please be aware that the Roku Express is a single-band wireless device which means it only supports a 2.4 GHz connection. Your Roku Express will not recognize the 5Ghz network. You need to make sure that your 2.4 GHz network is active by using your mobile phone and check if you can detect the 2.4 GHz network. We also suggest you reach out to your Internet Service Provider or ISP for assistance in checking if the 2.4 GHz network is active and not hidden. 

For this specific network error message, please make sure to try to restart both your router and Roku device. Unplug the power of the Roku device first, then unplug the power of your router. After 15 seconds, plug back in the power of the router and wait for the wireless network to go active. After a minute or two, plug back in the power of your Roku device and try to connect to your wireless network.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Regards,
Mary

Teesdale242
Reel Rookie

Thanks Mary, I tried this, I restarted my router and the Roku connected with no problem. Thanks for taking the time to respond. #itworked #RokuPremier #troubleconnecting

Cannot connect Roku Express to WiFi - Error code 014.30

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @Teesdale242,

It sounds like your Roku device may be having trouble connecting to your home network. Please follow the steps here to get up and streaming. Connecting your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet | Official Roku Support 

In addition, Please be aware that the Roku Express is a single-band wireless device which means it only supports a 2.4 GHz connection. Your Roku Express will not recognize the 5Ghz network. You need to make sure that your 2.4 GHz network is active by using your mobile phone and check if you can detect the 2.4 GHz network. We also suggest you reach out to your Internet Service Provider or ISP for assistance in checking if the 2.4 GHz network is active and not hidden. 

For this specific network error message, please make sure to try to restart both your router and Roku device. Unplug the power of the Roku device first, then unplug the power of your router. After 15 seconds, plug back in the power of the router and wait for the wireless network to go active. After a minute or two, plug back in the power of your Roku device and try to connect to your wireless network.

Regards,
Mary

What wireless authentication modes does the Express support on the 2.4 GHz band? Does it support WPA2-Personal with AES? Every other device on my network seems to be working fine except for this one Express player. When I go to the wireless network list, it shows the SSID of the network to which I'm attempting to connect (with a signal strength of "Excellent"), but it doesn't indicate that it's secured. I've tried connecting to that network anyway, and I've also tried adding it back as a "Private Network" and re-entering the password. I've restarted my router and the Roku device. Nothing seems to work.

Re: Cannot connect Roku Express to WiFi - Error code 014.30

@G_Hosa_Phat wrote:

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @Teesdale242,

Regards,
Mary

What wireless authentication modes does the Express support on the 2.4 GHz band? Does it support WPA2-Personal with AES? Every other device on my network seems to be working fine except for this one Express player. When I go to the wireless network list, it shows the SSID of the network to which I'm attempting to connect (with a signal strength of "Excellent"), but it doesn't indicate that it's secured. I've tried connecting to that network anyway, and I've also tried adding it back as a "Private Network" and re-entering the password. I've restarted my router and the Roku device. Nothing seems to work.

So, I finally got it to work. I had to turn down all of the security settings on my ASUS RT-AX92U router:

• WPA/WPA2-Personal
  • TKIP+AES
  • Disable Protected Management Frames (this setting may or may not be on certain router models/firmware)

Is there possibly a firmware update or something for this device that can at least support straight WPA2 with AES rather than falling back to a less-secure wireless configuration, or am I going to have to purchase a new device?

0 Kudos
RJK
Reel Rookie

Mary is correct. I tried every fix out there and nothing worked.  My internet and WiFi worked on all devices but Roku.  I had an older modem router from XFinity.  After arguing with xfinity I told her what tech support at Roku told me.  Split the WiFi into 5.0 and 2.4.  This is done under settings. I  did that and it worked instantly on all Roku devices.  It is also not buffering now.   So I believe that is the fix.  Split your router into two networks (I named the same with 2.4 and 5.0.  And rescan for networks and connect to 2.4.

that did it for me.   Coincidentally, Roku support said it is only for new service set up.  The gentleman didn’t hesitate to help me for 15 minutes before telling me to try this.  Hats off to Roku service!

😃

Don86

Re: Error code 014.30 every night at prime time Low resolution, frequent buffering and then error

None of the steps recommended here worked.  However, when I tried again after midnight EST I was able to connect, and got high definition reception (just before the failure, picture quality was poor with frequent interptions)

This is a recurring problem.   Router appears well on other devices: 100 plus Mbps

0 Kudos
Jay1410

Re: I’m getting the same Error code 014.30. Any help is appreciated.

I have the same error code 014.3

1B26AF2F-3932-4E69-AC82-D0D385FDFBEA.jpeg

78F7C328-59DE-4CCC-94CA-2621ADF5A234.jpeg

0 Kudos