Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sapphire3
Reel Rookie

Error 14.5 Cannot connect to network

My roku will not connect to my wireless network and keeps giving me error 14.5

My Setup:

• Roku Model: Express 4K+ Model 3941X  (note: this model does not have an ethernet port so I can not wire it to my router)
  • ISP: Spectrum
  • Router: Vilo Mesh Router https://www.amazon.com/Vilo-Coverage-Ethernet-App-Managed-Replacement/dp/B09252352F
  • Both 2.4ghz and 5ghz (channels 2 and 36, respectively) - will not connect to either
  • Protocols enabled: IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  • I am sure I am using the correct password
  • I have over a dozen other devices that connect to the router just fine - INCLUDING OTHER ROKUs

What I have tried:

• Resetting the connection
  • Restarting the Roku
  • Tried both the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz connection points
  • Disabling network pings
  • Factory reset of the Roku

Do you have any suggestions on other things to try to get my roku to connect? 

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error 14.5 Cannot connect to network

Hi @Sapphire3,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for providing this information to us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. May we know if you've tried restarting your router/modem to see if you're able to connect your Roku streaming device to it? Additionally, we recommend connecting to your alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if your Roku streaming device is able to connect to the network.

Let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sapphire3
Reel Rookie

Kash,

I have tried restarting the router.  Several times.  No change.  I do not have an alternative wireless network such as a mobile hotspot.

Can you make any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sapphire3,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with your Roku device. How far is your device from your network router? How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g., TV, mobile phone, laptop, computer) In the meantime, please try to move your Roku device closer to your router.

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and we will continue to assist you.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sapphire3
Reel Rookie

The Roku device is about 5 feet from the router.  It shows a strong signal.  

The router currently has 18 devices connected to it.

I've moved my Roku device within 3 feet of the router, but get the same error.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Sapphire3.

Is this happening with your other Roku devices? In addition, have you tried contacting your service provider and inquiring about the details of your network?

Let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sapphire3
Reel Rookie

This is not happening with other Roku devices - they connect fine.  What other details of my network would I need to get from my service provider?  I think I provided details in the original post.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sapphire3 "I am sure I am using the correct password"

Try changing your wi-fi password to something way too simple (e.g.: abcd1234) just for a minute or two. If the Rokus in question will connect with that password, it is a password problem of some sort.

I'm assuming you can afford to kick off your working wi-fi clients for a minute or two while you copy, then change, test, then paste your original password back in.

That's what I'd do just to be sure.

"Please DO NOT post support questions in this section of the Community—they will be moderated. Visit the Roku Player Support, Roku TV, or Roku Audio categories to post any support or help related questions."

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.