Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doggyman
Reel Rookie

Re: Error 014.30 stuck for three days

Great! Thank you!!  I was about to play taps for my Roku Premiere.  This worked like a charm though.  The only part of your tutorial that is different now is Xfinity's requirement to download their phone app for this. I could not find a work around on my PC, so the app process just added an extra layer of hassle.  If it were easy, it wouldn't be Xfinity. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Doggyman 

You should be able to use any web browser on your PC and type in 10.0.0.1 in the address bar to access your Xfinity admin settings.  Same credentials as app (defaults are admin and password.)

Good to hear your device has lived to see another day.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Doggyman
Reel Rookie

I was able to log on, and got halfway home, but when I clicked Advanced or Port Forwarding (I don't remember which) the only options offered were links to Iphone or Android application downloads.  The application itself was pretty straightforward after getting past Infinity's obnoxious marketing rigmarole.  Like most users, I'm not interested in bonding with my internet provider.  I just want the **bleep** thing to work.

Until I read your post, I did not make the connection between the service truck parked outside yesterday morning and this glitch.  Evidently the system was getting an upgrade, which probably caused this disruption....Thanks again for this fix!    

My internet company will not change the mode and with xfinity it does not let me change the mode it shows it but it is all greyed out so i am screwed.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Sbarrett1183  You should be able to change everything that AvsGunnar has laid out. Tons of other people have successfully followed those instructions and it works. And they have XFinity 

0 Kudos

Tried it multiple times and it won't let me change anything. 

AvsGunnar

@Sbarrett1183 

Some Xfinity/Comcast routers are not configurable by the end-user.  Those will have the greyed out options as you observed.

Three options available to you...

1. Call Xfinity/Comcast and have them enable this b/g/n mode for you.  Chances are another tech support rep will make the change for you.  Otherwise tell them you want a router that is configurable.  

2. Purchase a 2nd router. Place the ISP modem/router in Bridge Mode, use this 2nd router for all your network traffic. (You will be able to change your own settings and not be beholden to your ISP whims). No reason to get an expensive router.  Many cheap 20-50 dollar routers will suffice.

3. Purchase a dual-band Roku device.  The new device will likely connect to your 5ghz band and won't have to worry about this 2.4ghz issue.

-----

One last thing to try -try using the Xfi app and select "Forget the Roku device".  Then restart the router and Roku and see if you can now reconnect.

Feel free to post back if you need any more help.

Doggyman
Reel Rookie

I had the same problem initially on my PC, but was able to re-configure using AvsGunnars helpful tutorial on Xfinity's phone app.  I had to get past a few layers of their marketing nonsense, but ultimately navigated to a place I could implement the change.   

0 Kudos
Whitney83
Binge Watcher

My premier went out a week or two ago and I changed it to b/g/n and fixed the premier. Our ultra worked fine through all of this but just today the ultra went out with the same problem. I checked the settings and the 2.4 was still set at b/g/n. I'm confused why this is happening with another device.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Whitney83 

I see your issue was resolved in another posting/thread by unplugging your Roku Ultra for a few min.

----

Just for reference, in the same manner that you logged into your router to make the 2.4 ghz changes to the wireleless mode b/g/n (by selecting Edit on the 2.4ghz band), similar changes to the 5ghz can be made by selecting Edit near the 5ghz band in that same router admin screen.

The b/g/n issue only affects the 2.4ghz band.  Normally, 5ghz issues are caused when a router selects a non-compatible wireless channel.  Roku devices can only use 36-48, and 149-161 on the 5ghz band.  Any other wireless channel will cause the Roku device to lose connection. 

If you run into future issues, feel free to post back.

0 Kudos