Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmspeciale

Error 014.30 stuck for three days

We’ve tried everything

roku won’t connect to internet.

everything is fine except roku. We’re getting ready to switch to amazon.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
45 REPLIES 45
cmspeciale

Re: Error 014.30 stuck for three days

We reset the roku. We reset the network settings. We reset the factory settings. We reset the router. We moved the router closer. We checked the signal strength. Its 119%.

help

0 Kudos
Tamot
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue. I’m on day two 😭

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Tamot and @cmspeciale 

What are the model numbers of your Roku device, your router model number and ISP (internet provider)?  Also, what error codes are showing on the screen, if any?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Tamot
Reel Rookie

Hello, 

Roku model number - 3920X

internet provider - xfinity

Router model number - TG1682G

the error code that keeps popping up is 14.30.

thank you!

AvsGunnar

@Tamot 

The issue with the 14.30 error on 2.4ghz-only devices (like the Roku 3920 Premiere) is most likely due to a firmware update released by Xfinity/Comcast to its routers that is mishandling a speed protocol setting.  You will need to change a "Mode" setting within your Xfinity router to reflect b/g/n setting, rather than g/n setting.

The below instructions and images/screenshots are from a TG1682G router. (5 minute fix)

--------

Basically, all you really have to do is verify that your 2.4ghz wi-fi band is enabled and broadcasting, and that you switch your 2.4ghz band Mode/protocol to b/g/n.

Either launch your Xfinity app or type in 10.0.0.1 in a web browser that is connected to the same network as your router.  Your Username = admin, and your Password = password.

Then look on left of Screen for Gateway selection.  From there click/navigate to Gateway...Connection...Wifi.  Then select Edit on your 2.4ghz Frequency Band.  From there a screen should appear with various Wireless Configuration Settings.  This is the screen where you will need to verify that your 2.4ghz band is Enabled and the 2.4ghz SSID (network name) is Broadcasting, and where you switch your Mode from g/n to b/g/n.  After verifying and making changes, press SAVE SETTINGS, and then restart both your router and your Roku device.

You really should be good to go from there.

Feel free to post back with an update or if you need more help.

Click images to enlarge.

Step 1Step 1Step 2Step 2Step 3Step 3Step 4Step 4

Tamot
Reel Rookie

Ohhhhh it worked!!!! Thank you!!! Especially cause you made it stupid proof! 😂😂

AvsGunnar

@Tamot 

Glad it worked for you and now back up and running.

justme4

Error 014.30 stuck for three days as well. I have not changed equipment. This is ridiculous and on Roku's end

0 Kudos
Katielu
Reel Rookie

I don’t have access to the router, so what do I do? This is such a pain in the neck! The lights went out for just a second and poof I don’t have a connection! This TV/Roku is my life since the pandemic! It noise for me! I’m connected to my iPhone, and my iPad but not my TV!  What else can I do? I have to bother my x nephew in law to fix the router, I did ask him to turn if off, don’t know if he did but, it’s hard for me to ask! He’s kind enough to let me us his wifi, but hate bother him!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos