Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drops my router and then cannot find it until I hard reboot the router & modem

Mid program my Roku drops my router. It displays that I'm not connected and gives instructions to reconnect (duh!). Then when I try to reconnect it cannot find my router yet finds other routers nearby. All my other streaming devices remain connected and operative while this is happening. If I hard reboot the router and modem it reconnects. However this is happening repeatedly. Is my Roku crapping out?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Drops my router and then cannot find it until I hard reboot the router & modem

Hi @DennisSmith47

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Drops my router and then cannot find it until I hard reboot the router & modem

It would help to know the model number of your Roku displayed under Settings->System->About, but if your router's Wi-Fi channel is set to "Auto" try selecting a specific channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos