Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madihardy
Reel Rookie

Dorm Wifi won’t even pass wireless connection test

Hi there,

I recently Roku for my dorm, however when ever I try to set it up to my dorm Wi-Fi I can’t even make it past the checking for wireless and Internet connection phase. It’s giving me error 014 30. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Dorm Wifi won’t even pass wireless connection test

@Madihardy 

Normally, the Roku device has to be setup successfully (activated) on another network before using in hotel/dorm mode.

If you have a mobile hotspot available to you, try getting through setup and activation on the hotspot first.  Then proceed to try the dorm mode.

Essentially, only a previously activated device can be used in hotel/dorm mode.

https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Madihardy
Reel Rookie

I did set it up on my mobile hotspot

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Madihardy 

You may have to have your dorm/university whitelist your Roku device for use on their network.  There are also issues with some 2.4ghz-only devices working on some networks/ISP providers that do not have b/g/n Enabled on it.

If you are using a dual-band Roku device, the above should not affect you, so contacting your dorm/university IT dept. is probably the next best step.

Without direct access to the router, kind of hard to try different things to resolve connection issues.

Only other Setting available to the user would be to try and Reset the Network Connection.

Settings/System/Advanced System Setting/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos