Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Issues with Roku Device

Smiley Mad
so, my husband and I bought 3 roku express’ two weeks ago and all three have been connected to my wifi without incident since then… until tonight…. I put on the television for my baby girl tonite as usual for bedtime and it was working just fine. Well about 30 minutes later she’s crying because her tv stopped working. Well it’s giving me the 14.30 error code (connection issues) and I have done every single thing I’m supposed to do to no avail… rebooted roku, unplugged the roku for 5 minutes, rebooted my WiFi router and still didn’t work. I then check the other two express’ and they’re not connecting either… we have three additional “roku televisions” (yes we have 6 TVs in our house lol don’t judge me 😂) and all three of them are connected just fine! But all three of the express’ won’t connect! Pleaseeeee help. My husband and I just had to take in his two children from a previous marriage because their mommy tragically passed three weeks ago! So this is all bad timing! I just want my babies to have a tv!!!! And my husband and I are really trying so hard and I just feel like the worlds against us…. Thanks for letting me vent!!!! Xoxo

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Connection Issues with Roku Device

@Mikejen20170 

If you are an XFinity user, try using the XFinity mobile app to change your 2.4Ghz SSID settings to channel 1, 6, or 11 with 20Mhz bandwidth and the mode to "B/G/N":

"I saw this 'Note: Roku Express and Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (3920/3921) models support only 802.11 wireless b/g/n networks (the 2.4GHz band). 

I checked my XFi app for my router settings and it was not set to b/g/n , it was set to g/n. When I changed it, I was able to connect to wifi, no problem.

Below is where I found the settings in the Xfi app.

Go to the Connect tab. Select See Network. Select Advanced Settings. Select 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi."

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-code-14-30-But-Internet-Conne...

DanaCain

Same problem here, it seems that there was an update on 9/16 that caused all of the Roku Express devices to NOT WORK. I have a roku stream bar that's been working just fine, but all of my Roku express devices mysteriously stopped connecting after the last system update. I've seen this issue mentioned recently and the moderators from Roku keep saying there are no problems on their end, when clearly there are major problems with that last update. 🙄

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@DanaCain 

If you're an XFinity customer, try using the Xfinity mobile app to change your modem/router/gateway's 2.4Ghz SSID channel to 1, 6, or 11 with 20Mhz width and "B/G/N" mode.

0 Kudos
srss

There used to be a couple of commercials in between every episode however now he is nearly unable to observe at all due to the fact he can’t tolerate the disruption. I understand a few classified ads are important however that is ridiculous.

0 Kudos