Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connection Issues - connects to Netflix but not other services

Hi @KillingJoke,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We don't have any feedback to share at the moment from the appropriate Roku team.

For troubleshooting purposes, we recommend removing the Netflix channel from the home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing "Remove channel." Then restart your Roku device from Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). Once your player starts up again, add the Netflix channel once more, especially in that order.

Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. Then, if you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

For more references on how to troubleshoot any channel playback issues, you can visit our Support page.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KillingJoke
Channel Surfer

Given Netflix isn't the problem I'm unsure of how removing and re-adding Netflix offers the solution to the outstanding issues previously communicated.

Please can you explain how the removal and reinstallation of Netflix would resolve the issues prevalent with other channels?

To be frank, I'm at a loss with this issue. None of the recommendations provided, nor any updates, have brought me closer to a solution. This appears to be a hardware issue at this point in time, as it appears to have been for a long time.

0 Kudos
KillingJoke
Channel Surfer

So out of the blue this has now become an issue with my other Roku stick, a Roku Streaming Stick 4k that has been working perfectly up until the last firmware update.

It seems though as many people are having numerous connection issues with the Roku product line, what's going on? This simply isn't good enough and I've got little to no faith that this will be resolved any time soon. Especially since the issues raised in my original post are still yet to be resolved and it's been over 6 months!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KillingJoke,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Please note that we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment, but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos