Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epcusago
Reel Rookie

Connecting with DIRECT-roku...

Hi! 

I'm trying to setup my Roku Steaming+ and I live in an apartment block that provides WiFi.

• I select the Hotel & Dorm option (because the Home option doesn't work and i guess living in an apartment block is similar to a dorm).
  • I try to log in using DIRECT-roku ony my laptop or phone but after connecting, I try to open a browser to enter the required info (name/room number etc) but nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Datcampbell53
Reel Rookie

Re: Connecting with DIRECT-roku...

We had similar issues in a dorm room. After contacting IT for the college, it turns out we needed to register the Roku's MAC address with the WiFi provider. We had to do this for all devices that don't have an internet browser, such as a Nintendo Switch. Call the WiFi provider's help line and they should be able to help. The MAC address is under the settings for the network on the Roku device.

jengreenwell
Reel Rookie

We’re in a townhouse. This is my current dilemma. I didn’t have this problem with any of the others smart TVs (3) I’ve set up. This has been giving me the blues for 4 days. 
It connects perfectly using my iPhone hotspot but I’m not trying to use up all my data. Shouldn’t have to connect to my phone for this. This is absolutely ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
SherSkillz

Some how I set my tv to antenna! And now have problems trying to access roku HELP for tv viewing.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Did you try pressing Home on the remote or unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

A internet network with DIRECT-Roku in its name is not to be connected to, its the roku remote trying to connect to the roku, you can not use it to get internet or connect to the roku. It is absolutely useless to you. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Bigvan

Trying to connect

0 Kudos

password 27357607 - room 135

0 Kudos
efftroop74
Reel Rookie

Roku hot spot