Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Roku ultra to Win 11 notebook using HDMI cable and Wi-Fi

Am trying to use Wi-Fi a Roku Ultra to a current technology HP Win 11 notebook using HDMI cable. The network is fine. The Roku appears in device manager and as a streaming device but it will not connect to the network or otherwise connect to the computer. I have tried EVERY documented suggestion without success. I can pair the remote with the Roku and the Roku appears to respond but it will never connect to the network or with a Wi-Fi Direct connection. Eventually the Roku and the remote lose their connection though the Rolu device remains warm. Must I connect something to either the ethernet or USB port? What am I missing or doing wrong? Or is the connection I am trying to make impossible? None of the suggested fixes can even be attempted.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Connecting Roku ultra to Win 11 notebook using HDMI cable and Wi-Fi

@embeeusername 

What exactly are you trying to do? Have you connected the ROKU to the computer via HDMI? I don't think that will work. I have yet to see a computer with an HDMI connection that will work as an input. If I am mistaken please explain exactly what you are doing.