Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Roku to Network without remote

I factory reset my roku tv to turn it on because my remote isn’t working and I have the roku app but it won’t let me use the remote function because it says no roku’s are connected to the same network but how am I supposed to connect the roku to the network without my physical remote working?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting Roku to Network without remote

@PirateCat33 

Unfortunately, a physical RokuTV or compatible remote is needed if you Factory Reset the RokuTV in order to complete the setup/activation.

You can only use the Roku mobile app "after" having completed setup/activation.

You can either purchase a Roku Voice Remote at Walmart, Best Buy, Target etc for $20, or even an inexpensive IR based "universal streaming remote" compatible with RokuTV in order to get past setup.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting Roku to Network without remote

@PirateCat33-

@AvsGunnar wrote:
or even an inexpensive IR based "universal streaming remote" compatible with RokuTV

Just make doubly sure it says it's compatible with RokuTV not just Roku.  RokuTVs use a different set of infrared control signals than separate Roku devices do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos