Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klondiked
Reel Rookie

Connecting Roku Stick to Roku Speakers Wirelessly

I would like to connect a projector to a Roku speaker, but they would be in different parts of the room and a cable connection wouldn't be possible. Is it possible to connect a Roku Stick to the projector, and connect the stick wirelessly to a Roku soundbar? It's the only workaround I could think of.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connecting Roku Stick to Roku Speakers Wirelessly

Hi @Klondiked,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you with your inquiry about the Roku streaming stick or Roku speaker that will be connected directly to your projector. Please be advised that you can get 4K pictures, making Roku a great option to pair with a projector. You can connect a Roku Stick directly to a projector, but to get the sound to a soundbar or speaker system, you should use a wireless HDMI kit and an HDMI audio extractor or A/V Receiver.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Klondiked
Reel Rookie

Re: Connecting Roku Stick to Roku Speakers Wirelessly

Thanks for your help, John, I will look into the wireless HDMI kit and audio extractor. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.