Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayass
Reel Rookie

Connect a used roku tv to a new wifi network

I am using a friend's onn. Roku TV for the summer. The TV was previously connected to a different wifi and it doesn't have a remote. How do I change the wifi on this TV to my apartment's wifi without a remote & without it connected to wifi? I can't find an IP address because it's not connected to wifi and I can't even get it to connect as a device on my Roku app. I've tried resetting and nothing happened.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Connect a used roku tv to a new wifi network

Hi @mayass

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

I understand that you're using a friend's Onn Roku TV without a remote and need to change the Wi-Fi network it's connected to. Unfortunately, without a physical remote, it can be challenging to make these changes. Here are a few suggestions you can try:

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Connect a used roku tv to a new wifi network

@mayass 

There are many cheap universal remotes that will work. Just do a quick internet search "onn roku tv remote". I saw several under $10.

0 Kudos