Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beausy
Reel Rookie

Code 001 and 011 after factory reset

I am trying to get an upgrade on https://my.roku.com/upgrade/prime-exclusive-upgrade/details for my old Roku, in the process of realizing the Roku was logged into my lost email account, I did a factory reset. Well, that was a mistake because now the device can't complete setup as it's stuck at the activation screen with errors 001 on wired or 011 on wifi. I'm guessing because this device is no longer supported, but now it makes the Roku Express HD upgrade deal for $5 impossible to claim. Is there a way I can get the upgrade deal still? Can we somehow manually add this device to my account so the deal shows up? Thanks

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Code 001 and 011 after factory reset

@beausy 

What is the model number of the device?     

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
beausy
Reel Rookie

@DBDukes It's looks like an N1000 or some variation thereof. There is no model number on the bezel and since I'm stuck at the activation screen I cannot see the system settings. Apart from disassembling it I'm not quite sure what other hints might give away its model.

I regret doing a factory reset as the unit was working fine before. In fact, we still have customers who prefer our legacy app and occasionally I was using the unit for testing. Now we essentially have a "bricked" device because the Roku server is rejecting it and there's not currently any option to put it into a working state again.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@beausy 

N1000 is the original Roku device from 2008. You have quite an artifact there.

Needless to say, it's no longer supported. You may not be able to get software to load. Pehaps @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D or @RokuAustin can offer suggestions on how to get it tied to your account so you can upgrade.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @beausy

We'd love to help you out!

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Neena93

Hello I am having the same error code 001. How can I resolve this?? I have tried everything. It cuts me off during the activation process almost immediately after the verification email is sent. I have repeatedly tried to activate my device. I even tried a different email. Please help and thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Neena93

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the information I asked for in my post above. I'll be able to further assist you from there. 

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
beausy
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D Thanks for responding and sorry for the late reply had to dig the item back out of storage. The serial number is C0D02L012581, it looks like those are zeros when compared with the MACs

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@beausy

Appreciate the response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
DOMINOkim
Reel Rookie

I keep getting Error 001 during setup.  I can only get as far the email link, I follow the link through the questions until it asks for a code displayed but no code was given.  I've tried multiple times, reset the device and restarted the internet.  

Model #3930x. Serial So13318WKKA4

0 Kudos