Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KinKStar
Level 8

Changed modem earlier, have excellent internet, but apps say no internet

I connected Comcast xFi modem hours ago, and have 'excellent' internet on TLC Roku TV, but Hulu and other apps say 'no internet' or 'network error' . . . I have turned off/on numerous times; checked modem connects; and it's all good.  I'm on internet now with laptop AND I can access those apps on my laptop, but not on my TV.  I looked to delete and reinstall apps, but can't do it without an internet connection.  What's going on here and how do I get out of this loop?  

Absolutely no issues with anything earlier, have validated connections with Comcast and modem is good - like I said Roku says connect is 'excellent' but this is maddening! 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Changed modem earlier, have excellent internet, but apps say no internet

Have you tried restarting the device?
Settings > System > System restart
(Or for Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

These things are just little special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes you just need to clear things out by restarting them.

If a restart from the menus doesn't do it, try pulling the power plug to the device for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
KinKStar
Level 8

Yes, of course - as I said in my post, I have restarted modem and/or TV - multiple times!  I've connected TV via cable versus wireless, but it makes no difference, yet I watched TV yesterday - all day, without any issues.  The problem came back at 811pm last night and I've been reading solutions all these hours to find a way to resolve this.  I can watch Hulu or Netflix on my laptop, which means my internet is not the issue, but the TV.  I removed Hulu app, then reinstalled; cleared cache; and just now did a reset without removing settings. Next move is to do a factory reset and lose all my apps and settings.  I bought this TV in July, and now 6 months later it is worthless.  

0 Kudos
remaker
Level 11

Try a network connection reset, outlined at https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/671498/how-to-reset-your-rokus-network-connection/amp...

That should clear out the old settings without a factory reset.

0 Kudos