Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t connect to Wi-Fi without remote

Alright so I have a big problem. It’s been about 4-5 years since I’ve last used my Roku stick and I’d like to not have to buy a new remote if I don’t have to. I have no clue where the old remote is and I have brought this Roku to a new house with a different Wi-Fi but I can’t connect it to Wi-Fi without a remote and I can’t connect the app to it without it being on the same network. Help Roku Streaming Stick (3500 series)  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t connect to Wi-Fi without remote

You've got a real problem since Roku doesn't even make a remote that's compatible with that model anymore.  You would only be able to find one on the used market and quite frankly, it's just not worth it.  Roku stopped supporting that model a few years ago and it no longer receives updates and newer apps don't support it.  Your only hope if you really want to keep using it is to configure your new Wi-Fi to match the last network it connected to (same SSID/network name and password) and hope it connects.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.