Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrsdutchie
Channel Surfer

Can't Connect to WiFi anymore

I've never had connectivity issues until recently.   Now no matter what I do,  none of my Roku Express will connect to WiFi. I've tried resetting my router and restarting my devices numerous times.   On the rare chance it does pick up the 2.4ghz as soon as the password is entered and it tries to connect I get the 014.30 error code.  I know my internet is working fine because everything else is connecting to it. I'm so frustrated,  I'm ready to switch to something else. 

30 REPLIES 30
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't Connect to WiFi anymore

A few ISPs are making changes to their customer's routers that are affecting Roku devices.  Try going into the settings for your router and change the Wi-Fi wireless mode to b/g/n if it's set to g/n.  If you need help with that post back with the name of your ISP and the model number that's on your Router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Hock

I have the same problem I am with Vodafone using C6460B router, changing the WiFi setting hasn't worked, I have a Roku express 3930EU

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Hock

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that Roku Express 3930 is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Mrsdutchie
Channel Surfer

Okay well I'm not a technical person so you telling me that I need to reconfigure my router is pointless. 

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hello @Hock

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that Roku Express 3930 is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
Mrsdutchie
Channel Surfer

You're assuming that everyone on this chat group knows how to reconfigure a router.  It's not simple for most people so your suggestion is pointless. 

Lesliear0

Hello...

I just received the Rokku Express 4K+ in the mail yesterday and it cannot connect to the internet.

My old Roku works just fine. I've double checked my Xfinity PW and it is correct. 

My ISP: Comcast Xfinity

Router: NETGEAR N600 (8x4) WiFi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (C3700) 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Lesliear0

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Mrsdutchie

Thanks for the response.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. It can be found from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Lesliear0

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Moreover, since your ISP is Comcast, we recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue. If you need help configuring your router, we highly suggest getting help from Xfinity's customer support.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bkh91171
Reel Rookie

Same thing has happened to me. Both of my Roku devices stopped working, after working with no issues for the last couple of years, and I thought I was going crazy until I read these posts. I have two devices, a 3930X and a 3920RW (this one will initially show working when turned on then immediately disconnects. I have a Cox Panoramic Wi-Fi. I know it’s not the Wi-Fi, as every other device in my house is successfully connected to it. Please help.

0 Kudos