Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fluckyouruko
Reel Rookie

Brand new Roku refuses to acknowledge wifi

My brand new Roku 4k will not connect to wifi. Absolutely refuses to find it in a scan, and will not accept it typed in as a private network. We have 3 Rokus right now including the one I was gifted today, but with this headache I think I’m going to switch to another streaming device. This is ridiculous. Customer service literally does not even exist for this product.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Brand new Roku refuses to acknowledge wifi

Hi @Fluckyouruko

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We would be more than happy to assist you but need additional details. Could you clarify the issue you are experiencing? Do you receive an error message or code? Have you tried connecting the Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to connect?

You may also refer to this link, for additional troubleshooting steps: Set up or fix your internet connection

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Fluckyouruko
Reel Rookie

Re: Brand new Roku refuses to acknowledge wifi

I tried multiple times to connect it to my home network which already has two other identical (identical with the exception of purchase date. They are all the same model)  Roku devices connected. I did not attempt to connect it to a mobile hotspot because that is literal insanity. I should not, under any circumstance, need to give Roku access to my mobile hotspot (aka access to my phone.) that just sounds like a privacy breach waiting to happen. Can you please explain to me why I should attempt to connect it to a mobile hotspot because that is just….wow. Ridiculous does not even begin to explain what I feel about it. I’m very seriously curious how connecting it to a hotspot will help the situation at all. Please explain that to me. I am not doing it no matter what you say, but I’m still very curious.

0 Kudos