Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stumped
Channel Surfer

Airplay suddenly Unable to connect to Roku 2 to stream music

I have an older Roku2 box. I’ve been able to stream music from my ipad and iphone to Roku box to play on tv /stereo, with no issues, until this week. All of a sudden, I get an error: “AirPlay Unable to connect to Roku 2” WHYYYY? I’ve tried relentlessly to reset HomeKit, and reconnect. I’ve scanned the Q code that ROKU pops up on screen… nothing works. HELP!!! 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Airplay suddenly Unable to connect to Roku 2 to stream music

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @stumped.

Thanks for raising your concern about using the Airplay on your Roku 2. No worries. We're eager to find you the best resolution possible.

Firstly, kindly try to check for software updates on your TV by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > System updates > Check Now. If it's up to date, kindly let us know your current OS version. (Settings > System > About) 

In addition, let's try to perform a system reboot by going to Settings > System > System restart to see if it will connect to Airplay. 

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your response. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cjonesthom
Streaming Star

This problem continually happens when I try to AirPlay from my iPhone to my Roku Soundbar. I always have to do a system reset anytime I want to use AirPlay (which is flawed design) and also have to reboot my iPhone every time too! Tonight I actually had to turn off/turn back on my iPhone 2 times and my Roku 3!!! times. 
Short answer is: Flawed design- restart both Roku AND other device, sometimes more than once! 
Ergh! 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cjonesthom,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!
We regret to hear about this. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. When did this issue start? What software version are you currently using on your Roku device? Have you tried updating the software on your Roku device to see if it fixes the issue?

In the meantime, kindly check out this support article on how to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device and make sure to follow the troubleshooting steps provided to see if it fixed the issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cjonesthom
Streaming Star

Ever since AirPlay was added to Roku, it’s been like that. I always have the updates software, downloaded automatically. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cjonesthom,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos