Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meezbreez

Access Roku without Remote or Network Connectivity

I have a Roku TCL55S421. It has been factory reset and the original remote is no longer working. I have also tried a new remote and swapped both batteries as well as replaced the IR sensor on the tv. 

what are my options to controlling this tv? I noticed there is a USB and Ethernet port in the back. Can I access the operating software somehow through there?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Access Roku without Remote or Network Connectivity

If you can connect your TV to your network via Ethernet cable, then you may be able to use the mobile app as a remote, but I don't know if that will work after a factory reset.  I have a TCL Roku TV that hasn't completed its setup and while it shows up on my network when I connect an Ethernet cable, I can't seem to communicate with it.  The USB port is useless.

Let's go back to the remote.  Which one did you try?  Are you aware that you need a TCL remote?  The Roku simple remote won't work with any Roku TV and remotes from other brands of Roku TVs may not work.  You should be able to get a Roku Voice Remote to pair with the TV and there are many universal remotes that support Roku TVs.

The Voice Remote or Voice Remote Pro may be your best options if the IR receiver is questionable.  You can get one online or many big box stores have them.

Accessories | Roku Player, Streaming Stick, Smart TV & Audio Accessories | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.