Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 home - dual Wifi Routers - 10 tv roku plan - can only stream on one router or the other

My Roku subscriptions include FUBO pro which allows 10 tv's (starz, amc, maybe hulu).  One part of the house has poor wifi connectivity.  I purchase a hotspot pod and have connected my Roku ready TV onto this supplemental wifi router.  The rest of the home is on the primary wifi router.

When there are only two tv's on, one on each router, we cannot watch FUBO tv on either. I receive a "roku" alert that the account is in use and they disconnect each other.  If on same router all is okay.

I have paid for 10 tv's. I should be able use my account on 10 tv's no matter which router they are connected to. 

I have explored the roku hotel/dorm connection option but this forces me to use a laptop and webpage vs purchased roku ready tv. That is not appropriate nor desired.

PLease advise as to how to allow roku purchased subscriptions to connect on 2 routers at same time.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: 1 home - dual Wifi Routers - 10 tv roku plan - can only stream on one router or the other

Don't subscribe through Roku. ALWAYS subscribe directly through a service to avoid weird service and payment issues.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 1 home - dual Wifi Routers - 10 tv roku plan - can only stream on one router or the other

What do you mean you have paid for a 10 TV Roku plan? Roku themselves do not charge or offer any "plan". As far as your FUBO subscription, I see a Pro plan that says it includes "unlimited screens" but then says 10 at home. So I'm assuming that is the plan you have.

When you added the second router, did you put it in Bridge or Access Point mode? If not, devices connected to one router will appear to be on a different network than the devices connected to the other router. That might be tripping up your FUBO subscription, as it is thinking your devices are not on the same network. Although that seems odd since they are stating "unlimited screens". And they do say that you can have 10 screens at once on your home network. So my guess is your dual routers is confusing your FUBO account into thinking they are on two different networks.

If you put the second router in Access Point mode, then every device on the network gets an IP address in the same range and there's no confusion between the two network segments. 

Rereading your post, it appears you might be using two different Internet connections (the hotspot providing one and your primary router on another). According to the FUBO web site, this should still permit two TVs on the separate networks to both stream at the same time. But I still feel this is what's causing the issue with your connections. My recommendation would be to run an Ethernet cable from your primary router to a location that would permit adding the second router as an Access Point as I mentioned above and use that to extend your WiFi to the less covered area. I have three separate access points in my home for this specific reason. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos