Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set a time limit on a motion activated light?

Jump to solution

Just started playing with Roku smart home devices, I have most things in HA. 

I set up an evening schedule to turn on my lights (50% brightness) 30min before sunset and off at sunrise.  I created a second rule that will crank the lights to 100% if my outdoor cam senses motion.

Problem, I only want the lights to go to 100% for a set time, say 5min is there anyway to do that, and if not is there any plans to have that added in an update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to set a time limit on a motion activated light?

Jump to solution

Hello! @pschroeder70,

Thanks for the question,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about how to set a time limit on a motion-activated light. We are happy to help you with this.

The only way to do that would be if you had a Roku Smart Home Monitoring System with a Motion sensor. There is a way to set a rule where if no motion is detected after a certain period of time, then the lights turn off. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this with the cameras.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to set a time limit on a motion activated light?

Jump to solution

Hello! @pschroeder70,

Thanks for the question,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about how to set a time limit on a motion-activated light. We are happy to help you with this.

The only way to do that would be if you had a Roku Smart Home Monitoring System with a Motion sensor. There is a way to set a rule where if no motion is detected after a certain period of time, then the lights turn off. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this with the cameras.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator