Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PALLEN1

How to Download videos from doorbell cameras to iPhone?

Jump to solution

HAD A RECENT EVENT HAPPEN. NEIGHBORS FROM DOWN THE STREET VERBALLY ATTACKED MY WIFE AND MYSELF ON OUR FRONT PORCH. THE ROKU DOORBELL CAMERA CAPTURED IT ALL. DEFINITELY TOLD OUR STORY CORRECTLY TO THE POLICE WHEN THEY ARRIVED. NEED TO SAVE THE VIDEOS INDEFINITLY FOR POSSIBLE COURT PROCEEDINGS. ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO DO THIS? THANKS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to Download videos from doorbell cameras to iPhone?

Jump to solution

Download and share event recordings

You can share and download recordings in the smart home app. Downloading a recording will save it to the gallery on your mobile device. Sharing a recording will prompt you to select an app and then generate a message with the recording in the selected app.

1. On the Home screen, tap Events
  2. Select the event
  3. Tap the Download or Share icon

How to set up and view recordings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell | Official Roku S... 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Download and share event recordings

You can share and download recordings in the smart home app. Downloading a recording will save it to the gallery on your mobile device. Sharing a recording will prompt you to select an app and then generate a message with the recording in the selected app.

1. On the Home screen, tap Events
  2. Select the event
  3. Tap the Download or Share icon

How to set up and view recordings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell | Official Roku S... 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

There is no download or share icons

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Planetdelirium!

Thank you for bringing to our attention that the download icon is missing from your smart home app. We would be happy to assist you with this issue.

Have you tried logging out and logging back into the application? If you haven't given it a try yet, kindly follow the steps below:

• To sign out of the app: go to the Homepage, click on Account, and select Sign Out

After completing the process, please sign in again with your Roku credentials and check for any changes.

If the issue persists, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the smart home app. Let us know if this resolves the problem.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!
Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos