Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my cameras to require a login with password every time

I would like my cameras to require a login every time with password how can I make that happen?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How can I get my cameras to require a login with password every time

Hi @Bridget1987!

Thanks for your feedback here. We're really interested in customer feedback and rest assured that we're escalating your comments to the appropriate team. We want to make sure we're understanding your request fully.

Are you referring to wanting an option to prompt for a login each time you use the Smart Home app, or for an individual camera feed, or are you referring to the live feed on your Roku player or Roku TV? We're happy to kick your feedback up to the team. 

Thanks, and enjoy your new Roku Smart Home Cameras!

-Austin 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Blueeyes77

I have the same question and Im wanting to know how to do the same thing on my home Roku player? I have the Roku cameras app and I don't want it accessable by no one else while I'm not at home. I believe someone is turning the cameras feed and notifications off and then back on by using the app on my Roku device at home so I don't get any notifications on my mobile phone when I'm away. Is there anyway I could make the app require a pin before viewing?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Blueeyes77 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiry of accessing the Roku Smart Home camera feeds.

Please be aware that although there is no functionality to require a pin before viewing, you do have the functionality of changing the settings within your Roku account the permission of each of your devices whenever you are leaving your home. Please be aware that you will however need to go into your Roku account settings when you return home to turn on those settings.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos