Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MR0MCT

Re: Backlit Remote!!!!!

Maybe they have not prioritized a backlit remote because if you have the Roku app on your cell phone, you can easily use it as a remote. It even includes voice control.
CherryS
Reel Rookie

I have done that with the app a couple times, only because I can't see the Roku remote numbers. But I prefer having my phone put away while I'm watching tv. So a backlit remote would be much better. Looks like I will just have to go buy a different remote. Which I did not want to do. But since Roku continues to ignore it's customers, then I have no choice. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Roku has determined they know better what we want than we do. Besides a backlit remote, we've also been asking for a Roku TV remote with a numeric keypad for direct channel access. That's gone nowhere as well. I'm very pro-Roku, but sometimes I have no idea what they are thinking...

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
svstreamer

I don't want to use my phone as a remote! I try to avoid looking at my phone while I watch TV. We all need some time away from our phones. Adding backlighting to the rechargeable Roku Voice Remote would be a huge improvement.

TeD27

Re: backlit remote

You said i all.  There is no technical reason not to do this. 

Only corporate excuses.  For both features.  Their R&D people should be replaced. 

hutty32
Reel Rookie

Re: backlit remote

I actually bought 2 of this model. Easy to program but only works when remote has direct sight with my Ultra Roku device. Had to remove my Roku device outside my TV cabinet so remote would work. It only works if infrared has direct line to device.

R-o-k-u_USER
Reel Rookie

Backlit Remotes Needed from Roku

Add me to the list! BACKLIT remotes need to be developed so we don't have to shine a flashlight on it to change something.  Also, the current remotes are too simple and cause a user to have to make button pushes to make a choice; thus, not so simple.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Backlit Remotes Needed from Roku

The remotes are not backlit simply because they are so simple. There's really no need to backlight something with so few buttons and so easily located by touch. That said, I do wish the remotes have a numerical keypad, for the channels that offer multiple selections (such as Pluto TV). And for a Roku TV it would be ideal to have the ability to directly tune an OTA channel. And such a remote would absolutely be a good candidate for backlighting. 

My 2019 Shield has a backlit remote, but it's as simple as the Roku remote, and I can easily control it by touch. My 2017 Shield remote is not backlit, and I use it in a darkened bedroom. I never actually look at either remote.

One more thing to remember with a backlit remote is that it will go through batteries faster. There are already complaints about battery life with Roku remotes, so something that uses them up faster wouldn't be welcome. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Venocm1

Re: backlit remote.!!!!!!!!!

I really can't believe how they are treating probably list of there customers.   It's making me so mad.  I do like Roku itself.... just has the worst remote I've ever seen.

0 Kudos