Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powernoodle
Visitor

Unable to remove shows from My Feed

Jump to solution
I am aware of the standard procedure for removing shows from My Feed - i.e., searching for the show and then unfollowing it.

But I am unable to remove Hogan's Heroes and Gomer Pyle from My Feed, for example.  When searching those shows, it does not give a "follow" or "unfollow" option.  And every day, I get new notices from My Feed that new episodes have posted, when in reality there are no episodes at all.

My question:  how do I delete shows from My Feed, which searching for that show does not give me the option to unfollow it?  Thanks.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to remove shows from My Feed

Jump to solution

Hi @tzedekh,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are unable to unfollow content from the My Feed feature.

If you no longer wish to receive updates for a movie, TV show, actor, or director, you can unfollow the item from Roku Search. Use the instructions above to find the title, actor, or director and select Unfollow this.

There is another way to unfollow an item that is unique to movies. Simply find the movie listed in the My Feed list, open the details screen, and select Unfollow this.

After you unfollow a movie, TV show, actor, or director, all updates within My Feed will be removed and you will no longer receive new updates for that item.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I follow my favorite shows using My Feed? | Official Roku Support

Let us know how it goes!

Kind regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

98 REPLIES 98
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

The steps to unfollow and remove a show from My Feed are listed here on our support page: https://support.roku.com/article/208756898-how-do-i-follow-my-favorite-shows-using-my-feed-

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
@powernoodle 

Thanks for your patience here. I'd like to have you try restarting your device, then seeing if you are still experiencing this issue. 

Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,
Tanner
markdarby
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue for two television series:  Americans and Lost in Space.  I can find no way to un-follow or remove these from My Feed.  I have looked at every menu and restarted the device.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you followed the steps to unfollow a movie or show outlined in our Support page here: How do I follow my favorite shows using My Feed?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
markdarby
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes... without success.  

Mark

SMC123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If "unfollow" doesn't appear on your home screen's "my feed" list of shows, then go into the SEARCH feature of Roku, manually add each show you want to remove from your feed, and when the show appears on the SEARCH page, click on the show, then select "unfollow this TV show" from the SEARCH feature (will appear under the listing of seasons).

Roku engineers, you should be able to fix this, right?  Because this is not at all user-friendly.  Thanks!

Conk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I do not want to unfollow a show I simply want to remove the episode that I've watched from my feed.

texxasrulez
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you @SMC123 for your solution. Worked perfect for me ...

xxu812xx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is easy to "unfollow."  Do a SEARCH for the program title, go to the right a few clicks, and you should see an option at the right bottom to UNFOLLOW.