Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krsherman
Binge Watcher

Smart Home: Notification Zone

In the Roku cameras, you can set a detection zone to only detect motion in certain parts of the field of view.  I propose adding an additional setting for notification zone.  I want my camera to detect motion in the entire field of view (road, sidewalk, driveway, etc), but I only want to be notified if there is motion in my driveway and not for people on sidewalk or cars on the road.  This would ensure I could capture video for events near my house but only notify me for things that may need my immediate attention.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
newuser612
Channel Surfer

Re: Smart Home: Notification Zone

So if i want to receive notifications for the field of view, I would turn off the detection zone? sorry, im trying to learn my camera's

0 Kudos
krsherman
Binge Watcher

No, if you turn off detection zone you'll get notifications for the entire range of view.

My post was to suggest a new feature that separates detection zone and notification zone into different categories. That way I could get a recording of any motion the camera detects, but only a notification if the motion is in a certain part of the field of view.

0 Kudos
newuser612
Channel Surfer

so, you would say perhaps have the detection zone set to say a front door and receive a notification about that but the rest of the room is still being monitored and recorded if motion, correct ?

thanks for the help

0 Kudos
krsherman
Binge Watcher

Exactly. For my specific use case I have a camera aimed at my driveway which captures the sidewalk and detached garage. I have had incidents on the sidewalk where I wish I had a camera to review. But I also don't want a notification every time somebody walks down the sidewalk. I want video of it, but only notification if there's motion near my house.

0 Kudos
newuser612
Channel Surfer

Thank you so much for your help. I greatly appreciate it. And you helped me understand better !!!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.