Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgneckar
Channel Surfer

Roku Streaming App Recorder

How about developing a Roku that has a built in recorder.  You could set what streams to record and what time and length.  For example, I might want to record "SWAT" on Paramount+ at 7:30PM for 1 hour.  It might be able to record up to 4 streams at once and have a maximum of 1TB. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Streaming App Recorder

Most of the streaming content is essentially "on demand" alreadt which means you can watch it whenever, no need to record it unless you think it will only be available for a limited time period. Most streaming services don't remove a lot of content, as near as I can tell.

With Paramount+ you can usually watch a "live" show like SWAT the next day for example.

Live TV recording for something like a football game would, of course, be a different challenge.

0 Kudos
tgneckar
Channel Surfer

If I were to record something, I could FF thru the ads, which in the case of the Roku channel, are obnoxious and too frequent.  I hate watching ads which many times are placed randomly in the content and so I tend not to watch.

0 Kudos
JustJeremy
Reel Rookie

This would be nice. I know there are other streaming services that provide this kind of thing. 
Good example is you know you're not going to be around when Swat airs on live tv. You're going to miss it by an hour or two. So you "record" it so you can watch it immediately when you get home. 

Yes the ads suck and DirectTv has a nice little button that skips ahead 30 seconds at a time.  I'm still a noob at this Roku stuff.  From what I'm seeing in the last 2 days it will be hard to "cut the cord" and rely on just Roku.  There are plenty of features that people really like that just aren't available.   

I think Android TV has a bunch more options than Roku. I may end up sending my Roku back and getting the Android TV box. 

0 Kudos