Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mare7
Reel Rookie

Please add an update rollback button feature to avoid serious issues. Thanks!

update 11.0 has caused my roku 2 media player to fail to recognize my usb hdd. Would greatly appreciate an update rollback button and / or a stop all updates button. My setup was working w/o any problems whatsoever until this update. I've seen others w/ the same problem only with roku 3.

2 REPLIES 2
Jesse5

Re: Please add an update rollback button feature to avoid serious issues. Thanks!

We need this also, although for a different reason.  The upgrade to 11.0 is causing a minor (but annoying) problem with our Tablo.  Tablo claims it is Roku's problem.

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Please add an update rollback button feature to avoid serious issues. Thanks!

I seem to recall that a rollback is sometimes possible from the hidden diagnostic menu, for a brief period after an upgrade. I haven't managed to do this the one time I tried.

Otherwise I think Roku support can set up a rollback remotely for specific device serial number, and had to do that early in 10.5 rollout when problems emerged, or accelerated a hotfix for affected users which was then rolled up in minor 10.5 update later.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos