Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyA5
Reel Rookie

Feature Request: Sleep Timer

The only thing I don't like about my Roku Express 4K+ is that there's no sleep timer. I usually fall asleep while watching or listening to streaming content. But then it plays all night, disturbing my sleep and causing strange dreams.

I used to fall asleep while listening to my clock radio. A lovely experience! I just had to press the Snooze button to get sleep time, or to add more sleep time.

My clock radio was made over 40 years ago. It seems odd that its much newer replacement doesn't have the same capability.

2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Feature Request: Sleep Timer

Hi @TonyA5,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that only Roku TVs have the sleep timer feature. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TonyA5
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Sleep Timer

Thanks for the reply, Eunice.

I checked and found that my TV has a sleep timer too.  Unfortunately, it only works with the built-in FireTV streaming function, so I had to switch to using that instead.  It seems pretty similar to the Roku, so that's o.k.  I just had to install all my apps again.

Problem solved for me, but I guess anyone who doesn't have Roku or Fire built into their TV is out of luck.  They'll have to go back to using their clock radio.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.