Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

Feature Request: Set the 'default power-on' to a specific channel rather than an input?

I think this may require a software update (as I didn't find it on the TCL Roku TV menu)

It would be nice to have two additional "inputs" listed in the Settings>System>Power>Power On menu

1. Choose a channel  - which would then let you choose a channel from the installed channels

2. "Last Channel Watched"   which would remember the last channel you used

Alternatively for "1." above,  add the the "*" (options) menu, under or near the 'move channel' choice, a choice which says 'Make this the Power On channel'

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Ray_who
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Set the 'default power-on' to a specific channel rather than an input?

Tim, after reading your feature request, and looking at the power options you mentioned, I discovered that the request I was going to make was unnecessary. I was annoyed using two remotes to watch TV from  my cable box. I was first having to select cable box with the Roku TV remote before I could use the cable remote. Now, thanks to you, I have the TV power on setting go directly to the cable box input and do not need the Roku remote when turning on the TV to watch cable (which is what I do 90% of the time).

Thanks again, Tim!

Hope you get your request satisfied.

0 Kudos