Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vin1
Reel Rookie

Feature Request: Roku Controller with a page down and page up feature that goes more than one line

I would like to see the Roku controller enhanced to have a page down and page up feature added that allows the controller to move up or down more than one line at a time.  It is definitely a PITA when you want to move to the bottom of a list or if at the bottom of the list to move up to the top of the list at only one line at a time.  As streaming becomes more prevalent the features of the remote are going to become more important.

7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Controller with a page down and page up feature that goes more than one line

FF/Rewind buttons usually act as page down/up buttons, but it's somewhat channel dependent.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jives

Re: Feature Request: Roku Controller with a page down and page up feature that goes more than one li

I've been hoping this would come out soon

Nettie

Re: Feature Request: Roku Controller with a page down and page up feature that goes more than one li

Adding a page up/page down feature would be extremely helpful.  I am trying to get rid of Comcast equipment and switch to Roku, but right now without having that feature to easily scroll through the guide, I am not liking Roku as a replacement.  The other feature that would be helpful is to be able to key in the channel number like you can on most other remotes.  

MarvM

Here it is, August, and no acknowledgment yet from the "Roku team" about this disgusting time-wasting problem. Hello, "Roku team"...ARE YOU THERE?!?

How excruciatingly painful is this problem?

Add a new app or two...including the ones we have to pay a subscription for (Ahem!). Those apps get added to THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. Now zip down to the bottom of the list and move those new apps to the top area...where all your favorites live. GOT A FEW HOURS?

One painful line at a time...click...click...click...and...that's just to get down to the bottom of the list. This is a double jeopardy problem bceause, once you get to the bottom, you select the app and move it UP the list to the top, ONE PAINFUL CLICK AT A TIME.

You added TWO apps...no problem, just go through that same painful process once a gain...click...click...click...ONE PAINFUL CLICK AT A TIME to get DOWn to that second app you added. And then, select an move the second app UP the list to your favorites area at the top...ONE PAINFUL CLICK AT A TIME.

Hello...Hello..."Roku team"...are you even conscious???

Perhaps a temporary solution might be to add any newly added apps TO THE TOP OF THE LIST...it would be much easier to move a newly added app DOWN a ways, to the bottom of one's favorites.

Hello...Hello..."Roku team" are you there???

Kyla1

Please add page up and down quickly to Roku app. Please! Or- create a remote that works with various roku s just for this! Or make if you hold 1 or 2 keys long period of time it acts like that. Please!  I'm plowing through batteries and concerned the remote will die quickly. Also replacing Comcast

Ronbker

Absolutely.

One line at a time is monotonous, and ridiculous having a one click at a time channel views.

For some reason I’m already on my second remote after only three months the original remote quit working. It’s brand new.

Matt9000

Please add page up and down.

Also, how about universal remote functionality so we can control multiple devices?

Also, Also, please incorporate RF functionality. Line of site infrared remotes are 1980 technology, maybe older. Pointing the remote at the IR receiver is unnecessary.