Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Srowe

Re: Add channel to Guest Mode

+ 1 on this. Please add spectrum to the default channels list in guest mode so that it will come up every time. There are numerous posts here that explain exactly why we would want this. 

Mark28110

Re: Feature Request: Configure Default Channel Selection for Guest Mode

This feature needs to be added ASAP.

Daren
Reel Rookie

Again, where are the Roku product owners on this topic?? They have not responded. Such an easy product enhancement that would increase the value of their product for the rental and hosting industry exponentially! 

Snyper00

I'd also like this feature. Annoying to have to readd the apps I need every time.

Feairbnb

I too am a Airbnb host and would like that feature to customize the default apps within guest mode.  However I am using YouTube tv and not spectrum.  But the same request still applies to be able to customize the default list.   I am disheartened that on this thread there seems to be no response from Roku once they understood what was being asked.

I assumed guest mode would mirror the regular account and spent quite a bit of time downloading apps and putting them in an order I thought made sense for guests when they are in guest mode. I  wanted to have all the popular apps that people who have cable would want to watch, and they can sign in with their tv provider: the news networks, ESPN, HGTV, Food Network, TBS, Nickelodeon, etc. It would save guests quite a bit of time if their favorite apps were already there. Please consider making this change.

_Bob

Thanks @RokuDanny-R  for the explanation of how Guest Mode was intended to be used.   I don't believe that fully speaks to the general use case however raised by the OP.   I am writing to make a new feature request that does.

Guest Mode is extremely useful in its current implementation when the Roku is an additional media source.  It provides the ability to the guest to add their own services and have the credentials automatically reset without compromising the owners Roku account.  Brilliant!

In my rental Roku is the primary media source.  I purchased a Roku Stick+ or Ultra for each TV to provide a consistent guest experience.  I subscribe to a YoutubeTV account used solely for that house and have the account locked down so no purchases are possible.  To fully cut the cord and still provide my guests a full range of TV channels that does not require them to have their own subscription the Roku Guest Mode currently forces me to choose between:

1. Use Guest Mode as designed.  This requires me to provide account credentials for YoutubeTV to the guest so they can sign-in.  This is a bad initial guest experience who those that want to simply turn it on and change to a game or stream music (think cable tv and radio equivalent).  Also a terrible approach from an account security perspective.
  2. Avoid Guest Mode and leave the Rokus setup with YoutubeTV.  This requires me to set a PIN to protect the setup (necessary at a minimum so a guest does not accidentally or intentionally delete YoutubeTV removing it for use by future guests).  This blocks guests from adding their own services which is definitely an ask from over 50% of our guests.

I suggest a New Feature - a new Option set for each Roku Channel which indicates the Roku channel should not be reset by Guest Logout / Checkout.   The option would protect this channel when a reset/checkout occurs by not removing the channel, not clearing the credentials, and position the channels with this setting on Home screen before the default channels Roku adds.   Option can only be set when not in Guest Mode or as part of the MyRoku online.  Additionally, the option should prevent the channel from being Removed while in Guest Mode to avoid the need of a guest having to ask for the credentials to add it back if inadvertently removed.

The outcome is Roku can serve as the primary interface for media and still allow the Owner to provide paid services to Guest without sharing credentials.  This allows every TV to have a consistent guest experience using the same type of remote in each room even if each television is not identical.   While worded differently, this option effectively provides a default channel profile ability for Guest Mode.

Thanks for your consideration and putting this forward to the Roku Development and Product Teams for consideration in a future release (soon I hope)!

Tags (1)
Daren
Reel Rookie

Where are the Roku Product Owners???

Why even have this forum if you’re not reading it or responding to your customers?  

Terrible Product Management!

willije
Channel Surfer

Add my vote to being able to select channels (spectrum for instance) to install automatically in guest mode. My guests often struggle with the written instructions for doing so.

StoryHack
Channel Surfer

I am another property owner who thinks this "let the user decide what the default guest apps should be" functionality would be a great addition.

Maybe we should all make new request threads, so that we can get a response...