Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valkyrian
Reel Rookie

Channel Request: Please, develop WNBA channel. It's urgent and it should be easy for you!

Hello, hoping you doing well.

I have been requesting Roku support to please add WNBA channel. It should be easy for Roku developers to implement this channel so users can enjoy this kind of content natively on this device. Don't overlook this request and don't wait for it to have enough demand to do it. WNBA content can actually be only enjoyed in a PC or its app, but I'm pretty sure many people would love to have a Roku channel.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Burgi

Re: Please, develop WNBA channel. It's urgent and it should be easy for you!

Any update on this? We need the WNBA channel. Like the OP said.... wouldn’t be hard.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Burgi @Valkyrian 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please feel free to reach out to the channel provider for more information regarding channel availability. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Valkyrian
Reel Rookie

Yes, I first contacted WNBA prior to requesting a Roku channel. WNBA support said something similar:

"We appreciate your interest in viewing our content on Android devices, please feel free to make such request to Roku development team, as their team is the one that's directly involved in making our content available through the implementation of a channel."

What you said and what they said makes sense, at the same time at it's contradictory. Clearly WNBA is not among the providers that develop and maintain its own channel...sounds like a job that Roku development team must do.

It's worth to mention that I've been requesting this for 3 years now.

Regards.

I would also love a WNBA channel. Would it be possible for someone on your team to reach out to the WNBA? Maybe the two sides could work together!

AllPJay

This! Apple TV has the app. I would love to watch the games on my TCL Roku tv. Please develop a WNBA app.

Please add WNBA channel!!!! Support women’s sports. Support black women. Support lgbtq+ women. 

kizzo

Just jumping in here to add that I tried making this request to the WNBA recently, too, and got the same answer—it's now 2022 and no progress! I want to get my WNBA League Pass working with Roku! Please don't make me have to switch to an Apple or Amazon device, I love my Roku players and would prefer to keep my money with you. You have an NBA.tv app that works just fine, why not a WNBA one?