Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CGDavison
Reel Rookie

Can Roku please offer a remote appropriate for elderly/impaired users?

The tiny, illegible button markings on the existing remotes are not at all appropriate for elderly or visually impaired users. I just took 10 minutes and repainted the important buttons with permanent paint. Most can't do this on their own. Please address this, Roku20220527_194607.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Frogger7
Reel Rookie

Re: Can Roku please offer a remote appropriate for elderly/impaired users?

Yes this would be Real handy for many elderly people!  The small convenient remote roku does provide its a simple fit in your hand But the Actions on it should be enhanced, and Larger. Plus Please move the Speaker Button towards the Top! I rarely use it yet I find it getting touched when I'm wanting to touch the star button or pause or forward buttons, But the microphone Pops up in screen and it's a hassle at times because I have to hit Back but to have the pop up microphone screen to Go away. Too many steps involved when I want something else. Or A huge space between buttons on remote or a Colored highlighted permanent button could easily fix this issue; as the person mentioned what they did to help with it. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Frogger7
Reel Rookie

I noticed the photo of two roku remotes next to each other Photo AFTER I posted my comment. 

Gnite can I obtain 3 of these remotes to pair with my three tvs that are using roku on?  Are these available to purchase? If so that would be a great resolve to our needs for now. Maybe roku had a Newer senior design coming out too! Your products are amazing since we've added roku devices. Love the "cut the cord" idea! Saves us so much money  (especially with inflation currently going up every day) 

0 Kudos
CGDavison
Reel Rookie

Hi Frogger, my wife, who made the earlier post, painted the buttons on the left hand remote by hand to help her mother. I’m sorry we don’t plan to sell them and unfortunately even the expensive “permanent” paint she used has started to rub off. We’re still hoping Roku will take notice and release a version with bigger, more visible markings themselves, or maybe someone else will make something like it.

0 Kudos