Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GLJO
Channel Surfer

Re: CBC gem + CRAVE ................................................

no VPN - meaning that my ISP address is in Canada -  so that's not the reason as has been suggested elsewhere.

my 7 days old ROKU Premiere has a dedicated button to CRAVE - however - I cannot access CRAVE and the box also has CRAVE and CBC on it - but neither are available.

it is set up properly. i understand how to add and remove channels. I also have 2 smart tvs and it doesnt work ( CRAVE  + CBC) on either (SAMSUNG and RCA)

thanks

0 Kudos
frozensnoopy
Channel Surfer

It can very well be your device or Roku registration location.  We have several, 2 of which had been registered with USA Roku account.  An account that was setup before Roku officially offered services in Canada.  This is going way back and was before you could get Netflix legally in Canada.

I had to remove the devices from Roku USA account, wipe clean and re-register under Roku Canada account and only then was I able to find and add the Crave Channel. NOTE: this is something I had to deal with in May or Jun 2021 so pretty current.

Note though when I had a paid subscription to Crave before they "merged" as part of service from Shaw, I was able to use Crave just fine on these USA Roku account registered devices.   This was irrespective of any VPN or other location related issues.

0 Kudos
frozensnoopy
Channel Surfer

This lack of Roku channel support is pretty common with many/most of the Canadian streaming TV Channels, CBC, CTV, etc, etc, etc.  We have an Apple TV for the few that support that.

0 Kudos
GLJO
Channel Surfer

I never had a US account. My IP address is British Columbia as I checked again.

The box has CBC on it and CRAVE - the box does not have HBO or Showcase on it - so it is for Canada. It has a dedicated CRAVE button on the remote. It says 2021. I have reset everything several times. ROKU Premiere SUCKS. False advertising. Wasted time.

anyway thanks for input

0 Kudos
frozensnoopy
Channel Surfer

Is the CRAVE channel installed?  That wasn't clear from your original posting, you mention the CRAVE button, but that means nothing if the channel isn't installed.

Roku-Channels-2022-01-22-103226_001.jpeg

And if you have the channel showing, what happens when you try to open it?

0 Kudos
Slugdangler
Binge Watcher

I think you are missing some crucial steps. You need to install the channel. All Roku services on the market have crave and CBC live channels. Either it's some obscure setting where the device things your are not in Canada (doubts it because I think you can still find and install the app it just wouldn't work) or you are not installing the channel? They don't all come pre-installed. Have you tried Roku support?

0 Kudos
GLJO
Channel Surfer

hello. i am not able to install either CBC or Crave channels as they are not highlighted on the Roku website - I can see them but cannot choose them (and obviously they do not appear on the TV interface). I can see HBO and Showcase on the TV interface but they say: not available in your region (because Canada). This is a quagmire of complete BS and someone from ROKU should be involved because it is false advertising. i have done everything I am supposed to do several times. i will have to return it.

0 Kudos
frozensnoopy
Channel Surfer

Almost guaranteed your device has some geographical registration issue.  The symptoms you are describing match exactly what I experienced before creating a new Roku Canada account then registering my devices there. I suggest create a brand new Roku Canada account, then wipe and register the device there and see what happens.

0 Kudos
frozensnoopy
Channel Surfer

On my Crave working device, channel search does not find Showcase or HBO, you clearly have a regional settings problem. I am in BC by the way.

showcase-2022-01-22-113147_001.jpegHBO-2022-01-22-113147_002.jpeg

0 Kudos
frozensnoopy
Channel Surfer

As more evidence of what I am talking about, see 2 photos below, 1 is search for Crave in USA Roku account, then other is in Canada account. Canada first pic, USA second.  You can see that reflected in the URL's also.

2022-01-22 11_37_11-Featured Channels _ TV Apps _ CANADA Roku Channel Store _ Roku.png2022-01-22 11_35_48-Featured Channels _ TV Apps _ USA - Roku Channel Store _ Roku.png

0 Kudos