Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
me777bbb

Previous episodes of Murdoch Mysteries missing

I was going to watch three recent episodes of murdoch mysteries.

I watched one episode last night ,tried to start the next and found  that the next three are gone.

what caused this and how I get the episodes back?

Is there a way to contact Roku to get help with this by online or phone?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: why are previous episodes of murdoch mysteries vanishing today, and how do you get them back?

What channel were you trying to watch Murdoch Mysteries on?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Dailymc

Re: why are previous episodes of murdoch mysteries vanishing today, and how do you get them back?

We have a similar issue. We paid for Acorn TV to watch Murdoch Mysteries. We watched season 14, episodes 1 through 6, but now it looks like only seasons 1 and 16 are on Acorn. Are the other seasons no longer available? 

0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Usually, when this happens, it's because distribution rights have expired or been sold or transferred to another distributor. Channels rarely advertise when a program will be going away for fear of losing prospective customers.

Acorn is owned by RJL Entertainment, which is owned by AMC Networks. You can call RJL Entertainment and ask for the programming director. I found them helpful in the past.

0 Kudos
Dailymc

Thanks, Davidjazz!

My subscription for Acorn was thru Roku. The customer service representative I called said all seasons should be available. She suggested that we create an account directly through Acorn. They will credit us for our payment through Roku. We'll see if this works!

0 Kudos