Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPS1
Level 7

roku model 4640x will not start

For some reason I cannot get my roku to work. It has power and when you press the home key on the remote the white light on the front of the unit flashes momentarily but that is it. It never turns on or shows anything on my TV. I have tried rebooting the device by removing the power cable but that doesn't help. At this point I am not sure what to do next.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku model 4640x will not start

I would suggest trying another HDMI input on your TV, another HDMI cable, or another TV.  Just to be clear, you see nothing on your TV when you unplug the power from the Roku device and plug it back in?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DPS1
Level 7

Re: roku model 4640x will not start

Yes there is no picture on the TV when i attempt to power on the Roku. I removed the HDMI cable on both ends and reinserted it to be sure it was plugged in properly.

I tried using it just now and the Roku has just started working again. The fact I had the Roku totally unplugged for several hours is the only thing that is different from the norm. I think I will try another (different) HDMI cable if it acts up again. Because of the TV mounting setup I have, the tv gets turned quite a bit and all my connection wires (including the HDMI Cables) are therefore flexed in the process. 

I do appreciate the help and suggestions.

0 Kudos