Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power to new Express 4K+. Have to unplug/replug power cord every time I turn on TV.

Just got ROKU Express 4K+.  Every time I turn on TV I have to unplug/plug in the power cord.  Tried using power cord from old device, same problem.  Is the issue the actual device rather than the power cord?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: power to new Express 4K+. Have to unplug/replug power cord every time I turn on TV.

Why do you have to do this I might ask? Because you get a “no input signal” from your TV? Your Roku is probably sleeping. Simply press the Home button on the Roku remote to wake it up. You can also disable the bandwidth saver function found under the settings/network. Also be sure your tv does not have any power savings features. Certain Roku models also have a power saving feature. But pressing the Home button will resolve your issues 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: power to new Express 4K+. Have to unplug/replug power cord every time I turn on TV.

@sundaemunny-

Newer models like your Express 4K+ have a new "Power" item in the "Settings > System" menu.  An "Auto power savings" item there will put your Roku device into a low power standby condition after a period of inactivity, such as when your TV has been turned off for a while.

Pressing a Roku control key (like HOME) on your Roku remote (not Power, Volume, or Mute which act on the TV, not the Roku) should bring the Roku out of standby and back to full operation. Pulling the power for a few seconds to restart the Roku will restore full operation as well.

The power savings aren't that great and for the hassle it causes, I don't think it's worth having this feature activated.  If you disable "Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings"  it should prevent your Roku from going into standby in the first place.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X