Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arico316
Reel Rookie

pixelated image/poor quality when stream tv shows and movies at most of the services

I have this same problem. Recently purchased as of 3 months ago. I have reset the tv, the apps, changed wires. Nothing works. How can I get my Netflix and YouTube to work again?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: pixelated image/poor quality when stream tv shows and movies at most of the services

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Arico316!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. No worries. We're here to help you access the YouTube and Netflix apps and get you back on streaming.

Before proceeding, may we first know if there are any error messages prompted on your screen when accessing the apps or if it is just pixelated? If so, is this an isolated behavior with these two apps only? 

In addition, could you please tell us what troubleshooting methods you have tried to resolve this so we can provide you with an accurate resolution possible? 

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Arico316
Reel Rookie

Re: pixelated image/poor quality when stream tv shows and movies at most of the services

There were no error messages prior to this. It is once I am both on YouTube app or Netflix app the video quality on anything I try and play goes directly to pixelated. 
I have tried trouble shooting by restarting the whole tv as a brand new. I have tried deleting and re downloading the apps. I have tried updating all apps. Disconnecting and reconnecting the network server. Nothing has worked. I recently bought this tv about a few months ago. It is not damaged. It works perfectly fine other then not being able to use both YouTube and Netflix. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Arico316,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• How long have you been experiencing this problem?
  • Have you tried other channels and are seeing the same error?
  • Does this always happen or only occasionally?
  • Does it happen immediately after playing content or shortly after? 
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

Let's see how it goes,

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos