Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathan824s

kinetics splash screensaver corrupt

The Kinetics splash screen saver has recently began having corruption issues.  I have updated, removed and redownloaded it and it makes no difference.  I keep my roku resolution set at 720 and it used to work at that, everything else on the roku still works at 720, If I set the resolution to 1080 then suddenly the screensaver works again.  I do not want to have my roku set at 1080. I have included a picture of how the splash screensaver now behaves with its scrambled corrupted playback.

Please fix or let me know what to do to make it work correctly again.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: kinetics splash screensaver corrupt

Roku does not develop that screensaver. Squirreltown does. So you can reach out to them. But this has nothing to do with Roku 

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/df0b3bbbc3516ab039e1205ec7956aeb/kinetics-splash

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: kinetics splash screensaver corrupt

@nathan824s 

You can try a couple of things. (looks to be a bit of motion in that screensaver)

1. See if toggling the "display refresh rate" either on or off helps the situation. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Advanced Display Settings/Auto-adjust Display Refresh Rate)

2. Perform the same procedure as with any suspect corrupt Channel.  The additional screensavers and themes are really just Channels/apps.  (Remove the Channel, Restart the Roku device, Reinstall the Channel).

----

If the above does not help, likely it is an issue that needs to be addressed by the Channel developer. (Screensaver developer).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos