Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinghankar

issue with youtube: only one channel buffers...

every other video i watch has absolutely no problem playing all the way through. i’m subscribed to Caspersight and have been for a few months now, and all of a sudden when i try to watch his videos they constantly buffer and flat out stop playing.

i’m very confused as to why this randomly started happening and why it only happens with his channel. i mostly watch youtube on my roku tv, i just checked my connection, checked for an update for youtube, and tried to turn the video on again which won’t even turn on now.

thanks in advance for help/advice/solutions

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: issue with youtube: only one channel buffers...

Hi @dinghankar,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the Youtube channel and we would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos