Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranMejia

bouncing logo Roku express

Bouncing logo. I have read about this issue, but nothing seems to work. Bouncing logo on my Roku express, even though it is powered by a wall outlet, do the factory reset. Any other suggestions? 

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: bouncing logo Roku express

@FranMejia 

Basically the three things that have reportedly worked for some users...

1. Use the included power adapter at wall outlet. 

2. Try connecting to mobile hotspot or an alternative network. (friend, neighbor, family, etc).

3. Factory Reset the device.  (press and hold 30+ seconds)  

----

Often times, seems like when stuck in boot mode is just indicative of a device failure.  If under a year, qualifies for warranty replacement. (https://support.roku.com/article/208757058).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
London1649
Reel Rookie

I had the same problem and I reset, changed the hdmi cable and no change. I finally changed the power supply and oh joy, it worked! 
sometimes it's the simple fix!

Pich50

I am having the same problem, I have 2 Roku devices one works well and the other just started with the bouncing logo, I have tried everything. My Roku model is 3921x

0 Kudos
London1649
Reel Rookie

Like I said earlier, replacing the power supply fixed the problem for me. Good luck!

encskir
Channel Surfer

First thing is, I have a Roku SE which is a couple of years old, I don't see this SE model listed in any of Roku's product lines. It has been working fine, but now I get the bouncing logo for about 10-15 seconds, then the home screen, by the time I go to settings, and restart the bouncing logo is back and everything starts over again. I've changed the HMDI cable, I've unplugged the power for 10 seconds, and again for 30 seconds, and then again for 30 minutes or longer, but nothing changes. The power light is on and sometimes blinking, but I understand that if it goes to the home page, that power is ok. Don't think heat is an issue, haven't moved it and it has been working ok. I did try to do a factory reset, but while in the middle of that the bouncing logo came back and i am now getting a reactivation screen that won't allow me to do anything except enter my info and get a reactivate screen to my email. I go through that process, it says I'm done, enjoy streaming, but sends me back to that reactivation screen. I've done that several times with the same results, not good ones and a viscous circle. Please someone,,,,help

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@encskir 

The Roku SE is essentially a Walmart exclusive Roku HD Streaming device. (SE is Special Edition).  If only a couple of years old, most likely the Walmart exclusive Roku Express 3930.

The bouncing logo is usually the result of either a failed/improper power supply or some internal failure.  In some cases, even network related.

Try the below troubleshooting before condemning the device as failed.

1. Use the power adapter and plug directly into wall outlet if currently using the TV's USB power port.

2. Replace the power adapter. (Try using a cell phone charging power adapter - 5v 1 amp)

3. Replace the power supply cable. (Try using micro USB cell phone charging cable)

4. Try connecting to a mobile hotspot (using the 2.4ghz band) if available to you to get past activation.

-----

Since you are getting past the bouncing logo and into the Home Screen (albeit for a short time), hopefully this is just a weak power supply that can be remedied with switching out some of the power components above.  Normally with device failure, kind of see the device stuck in the boot mode (the bouncing logo).  A weak/underpowered power supply will yield some wonky behavior with these Roku devices.

Feel free to post back with an update or if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
encskir
Channel Surfer

AvsGunnar,

Replaced the cable and using an old 5v adapter, plugged into a wall socket, and no more bouncing logo

I now have a working Roku again and the wife can watch Brit Box again which makes her happy, and in

turn makes me happy. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain what was going on and the invaluable information about my Walmart bought Roku which I received as a gift several years ago. Have a great day!!      Enc