Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kikih
Level 7

about my roku is not working

Hello, my roku will. Not let me update. It will not connect to my wifi. Yes I have made sure its the right password and yes my internet is working. What do I do.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Kinnie
Level 7

Re: about my roku is not working

I'm having the same problem.. I have the Roku SE...  I  have 3 of them.. was working fine before the update and now they won't connect to the internet....  I even did a factory reset and still won't connect to the internet but every thing else I have is connected to the same wifi and works.. I've only had these rokus for a year..  am I going to have to buy new ones? Totally sucks

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Kinnieand @Kikih , if you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP ensure your wireless mode is set to b/g/n.  For Comcast/Xfinity:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Slide-rule
Level 7

I am also having intermittent internet connectivity issues starting about two weeks ago. Probably when the OS upgrade happened. I have a 3930X with OS 10.5.0 build 4201~AE. I did not have these issues over two weeks ago. I do not have this issue with my other wireless devices. I can stream video (YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Prime) to my iPad, iPhone, and laptops without any trouble. The problem is unique to Roku. 

0 Kudos
Kinnie
Level 7

Thanks.. it's working now

0 Kudos