Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dxter

Youtube app automatically prompting to connect to Roku TV

I use the Youtube app on my phone all the time. Today for some reason when I opened the app, it automatically prompted me to sign into Youtube on a Roku. I exit the pop up and it follows with another asking if I’m trying to sign into a TV and I can’t say no, the only option available to select is “Sign In”. My dad watches youtube on his Roku all the time as well, and we figured out it’s trying to connect to his. There’s no reason for this though (at least it seems) as I have never connected my account to his Roku, and there have been a plethora of times I open Youtube on my phone while he is watching on his TV, and it has never prompted me with this before. I’ve restarted the app multiple times and the prompt keeps showing up. Does anyone know what is causing this? It’s not the end of the world, but irritating to an extent.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube app automatically prompting to connect to Roku TV

Hi, @dxter!

Thank you for your first post in the Roku Community. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while trying to access YouTube on your phone.

It is possible that there is an issue with the data stored on your YouTube app, which could be causing the problem you are experiencing. To fix this, you will need to uninstall and then reinstall the YouTube app or check for an available update of the app. 

Let us know how it goes and if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

All the best,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos